The Manitoba Gymnastics Association has guidelines that must be followed with regards to being a registered coach in Manitoba, view our Policies and Procedures for more information. All Coaches must be certified under the National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP).
Coaching Grants for NCCP Courses
- Coaches can apply for 50% reimbursement of expenses (lunch/course registration/mileage outside WPG only) by filling out the grant form below. Applications are due the Wednesday prior to the course by 4:00 pm, completed applications can be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org:
Upcoming Artistic Courses
- Gymnastics Foundations – Intro Theory Artistic – Snow Lake – Nov 15-17
- Competition 2 – Panthers – Dec 2019
- Competition 1 MAG/WAG – Jan 2020
Upcoming Trampoline Courses
- Gymnastics Foundations – Trampoline – Brandon – Nov 11
- Gymnastics Foundations – Trampoline – Panthers – Nov 11
- Level 2 Trampoline – Flippers – Dec 21-23
- Gymnastics Foundations – Coach Evaluation Guide
- Comp 1 – Coach Evaluation Guide
- Comp 2 – Coach Evaluation Guide
- Comp 3 – Coach Evaluation Guide
Full guides are available here, these complete guides contain the Criteria for the Portfolio and In-Person Observation for your reference.
The MGA Evaluation fee is $80 for Gymnastics Foundations and $150 for any Competition level courses.
NCCP Practical Forms
Maintenance of NCCP Certification
- NCCP Certified coaches are required to collect Professional Development points to maintain their level of certification.
- Gymnastics Foundations coaches must collect 10 points over a 5 year period
- Competition 1 coaches must collect 20 points over a 5 year period
- The following chart shows how PD Points can be obtained.
- The amount of PD Points a coach has can be found in the Locker under a coaches’ NCCP number.
- Coaches who fail to obtain the required points within the time period allotted will be considered “Not Renewed” in their certification and must collect the points before receiving their “Certified” status again.
Other Coaching Resources
- How to Access the Locker to View Your Certifications
- How to Access Your Coaches’ Certifications
- Making Ethical Decisions Online Evaluation Instructions
- How to Link Respect in Sport to NCCP Certifications
- NCCP Pathway
- NCCP Transfer of Qualifications
- Self Rostering Active Coaching and Other PD Activities
- Respect in Sport